Friday 1 June 2012

TIPS TO REDUCE ACNE


We all know that a lot of what affects our acne is how we treat our skin during the day and night. It's very easy to get frustrated with our acne and go on an all out rampage on our skin in hopes to make things better, which often only make things worse.



Over the many years battling my own acne I have come to realise that less is a whole lot more. forget about all the countless products to try and take care of every little issue. You only really need the basic things and fight one thing at a time and everything will start to fall into place.

The basic things that we all need when fighting acne are face wash, acne medication and moisturiser.

Over the years I found that one of my biggest errors was thinking that putting too much moisturising product on my face would only cause me to break out more. The thing is leaving your face dry will only cause you face to produce excessive amounts of oil trying to counter act the the dry skin. This will then lead to clogged pores and as a result more acne. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to tell you to go out and start buying moisturisers like crazy. What I am really trying to tell you is that you should find a very good moisturiser and stick with that. When using your moisturiser, be generous.

Over washing your face is another big factor in causing acne. Most people think that the oil on their skin is bad for their acne. That is true to some extent but what I have learnt is that you need moisture on your skin to keep it acne free. Like I mentioned above, dry skin is not good in the acne fight. Most people tend to wash their face as soon as they start seeing some shine. This excessive washing tends to only irritate the skin and cause excessive oil production, so you're actually doing more bad than good. At one point in my acne battle I started washing my face only once per day and believe it, it actually helped a lot in clearing my acne. I would wash my face in the night during my bath and then apply my moisturiser. The next morning I would take my bath without using any product to wash my face, just water so that the good oils won't get stripped away. However if this is not enough for you, I do advise that you don't exceed two times per day.

MORE TIPS:

1. Drink a lot of water
2. Change your bedding as often as possible (especially your pillow case)
3. Keep your hands away from your face
4. Stay in cool environments as much as possible

No comments:

Post a Comment